Pet emergencies can happen at any time, and can be an extremely frightening experience. At the Forest Vet, we provide our own 24/7 emergency service, run by our own vet and nursing team. That is 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our nursing team runs our out of hours telephone service. Here we are able to provide emergency triage, consultations and treatment at any time of the day. If you are unable to make it to the practice, we also offer out of hours house visits, so we can come and see you in your own home.
In the event that your pet needs to stay at the practice over night, we have beds at the practice where our staff can stay to look after your pet throughout the night, monitoring them and giving medications where needed. If there are any changes in your pets condition, we will always telephone and discuss these with you.
Please call our emergency line if your pet displays any of the following signs:
- If your pet is collapsed or unconscious, weak or unsteady
- If your pet appears to be fitting or having a seizure
- If your pet has any problems with breathing
- If your pet has any severe injuries - bleeding or a large open wound, or has been in a Road Traffic Accident (RTA)
- If your pet has been exposed to any toxins, bites or stings
- If your pet has persistent vomiting or diarrhoea
- Any signs of abdominal swelling (bloat)
- If your pet has any signs of an allergic reaction
- If your pet requires a C-Section (straining and unproductive labour)
- Any condition where a pet seems to be getting rapidly worse.